Well, last time I posted I was in the middle of firing my large pink piece and I am once again firing it. The bisque went very well. Slight cracking that I knew was going to happen, the only surprise was some of the underglaze flaking off in certain spots. I think I went a bit too heavy with it. In the meantime, I was able to build up this freak of a piece (pictured below.) Also very exciting that I placed it on this fun little guy so I can move it as a work / be better able to load 'em into the bailey next time.
Lets see, for no real reason I helped out with the soda firing on Monday. Shout out to GH for taking this photo of Molly and I. I really seem to be inspecting the soda spraying. I enjoyed the heat even though I have zero work in that kiln.
Something has finally been 3D printed. I just made myself a little texture roller. Thought it would be cute. It says drewsceramics :)
Today I started a print of the top half of Venus De Milo. I did one laying down and the other upright, very small. I am investigating the best way to print so I can print a larger version next time, maybe make a mold of it and mess around with it in my work. Not entirely sure, but I am more interested in finding 3D scans of objects on the web for printing instead of making things myself.
Leave a Reply.