This week I accomplished an insane amount of tasks. Finally got all of my little fleshy collared dudes done ! After all the luster drama I was able to put encaustic wax all over the pieces. It was a bit of a disaster, but just like the luster I truly learned so much in the process. First, my brand new real hair brush broke off the handle, then all the hair fell out, so I began to just use a skewer and honestly it worked great. I also was having trouble with my usual heating, so I went to the print making room and used the heat controlled platform thingy. It worked so well because you can set the exact temperature, because it was cooler I honestly just stuck my fingers in there and was able to move a lot faster with the wax application.
Next I took all my photos ! So thankful to Carly for sitting with me at the beginning, they really kept me chill and so I didn't panic. I used the tripod and photographed all of my old and new work. Actually seeing the collared pieces on a pedestal made me very happy with the outcome, but I do wish to photograph them all together maybe on a shelf? I didn't have the time or patience so figure out the best angle for each of them in order to take photos off all four. Yesterday I edited all of my portfolio pictures I edited 25 and then narrowed down the batch to 20, maybe the hardest part !
My new stress is applying to graduate school lol I need to reach out to my old professors and I totally blanked on the fact that you have to ask for letters of rec a month in advance.
Anyway thank god the semester is over so I can focus my energy on getting shit done !!!!!!!
I sold so fucking much at the sale ! I could not believe it, very happy that all the time I spent on my titty pot mold was worth it, all but one sold, plus some old work, two kewpie babies, my cute ass ashtrays. I am over the moon to know that etsy could totally be an option for me in the future.
This previous week I finally finished up all three of my sexy shoe vases, bisqued the medium sized one, quickly did a second layer of glaze, and then lustered.
Speaking of luster I added my weird old chinese luster all over my lumpy collared boys. I did not like the finish that was left on them. There were cracks in the luster, which research says I possibly overfired by a cone. There were also random holes where you could see the glaze, which might have been because I waiting 24 hours before firing, and luster attracts dust very easily. Additionally, there were some drips so I also must have made my luster layer too thick. Overall I learned ALOT, and ended up just putting two layers of nail polish over the luster. I am very happy with the results, I was able to get a higher contrast with the color I chose, I think it made the piece more me.
I also finally finished up my beautiful cum bottles. I decided to use spray paint primer, then I used graphite paper with my stencil. Donna let me borrow some acrylic paints and I got to work, decided to add the design to both sides of the bottle so I can choose the best one. I then added nail polish for the silver part of the design. And last step was nail polish for the fake cum. I want to add a layer of resin over top in case I decide to ship the piece I want to make sure the nail polish won't break off.