Week 4 of classes
Finally bisqued all of the pieces I've been working on, luckily everything survived ! Only a few small cracks in one of the self love pieces. I added a clear glaze to the tongues/teeth and am happy with the results. I plan on testing some resin on other tongues/teeth, as well as adding encaustic wax to the mouths, penis heads, and vulvas. So far I've glazed the little penis plate and tile, which were just for fun testing a plaster mold I made of that design. I also have glazed the fun little titties, again just wanted to test a mold that was laying around the studio here.
Some of my half finished Cetaphil/Cum bottles. I made so many just to see how the underglaze is coming out. I am unhappy with the way that these pulled out of the molds, some are too thick, others have dents, some were left with red clay on them. I plan on testing both resin and encaustic wax as little cum drips on these pieces, I have two more ready for bisque that will be the final pieces for my portfolio.
Working on finishing up my little kewpie babies. Overall I'm not happy with the seams that have been left on these despite all of the fettling knife use and sanding the seams are very clear to my eye. Two of them did not stand after firing so I drilled in holes in their heads so that they could be wall hanging pieces. I've been free-handing the tattoos on these, inspired by "ignorant style" tattooing. I am interested in exploring the idea of sexualizing these little dolls, thus the label of fucktoy on all of these. These will be fired to cone 04 on Tuesday.
Leave a Reply.